• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

smartphone telephoto lens (1 Viewer)

Not me but you have my interest. I was thinking of something very similar for some family situations I have run into. My idea was to add some type of lens/optic to my Iphone via a specialized case. I was doing much the same thing with a Carson Iphone/binocular adapter and an Opticron monocular. The monocular's 8x magnification was a bit much but it was closer to what I needed than just the Iphone itself. My thought was that a compact 3x-4x lens would probably do the trick. Glad to see some companies are already looking into this.

By the looks of it, zeiss have released these lenses. They must be new?

Sadly they are no use to me as I have a Samsung :-C

Certainly something of interest to me if zeiss decide to make them for samsung and others.

The iPhone7 plus has 2 built-in lenses, a 30mm-equivalent wide-angle and a 60mm-equivalent normal lens. Are there optical attachments available for increasing the latter's focal length, does anyone here know?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back