• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sad news (1 Viewer)

ReemBrare

Sorry I don't know how to post pictures here

I would like that you see these sad pictures of White European Stork while migrating and passing by Saudi Arabia (west) came in contact with electric wires and was killed

It may happened at night because of some thing scared the birds maybe cars or human

It Happened 9 DAYS AGO

There was 150 birds

mk18662_cimg5239a.jpg

mk18662_cimg5196a.jpg

mk18662_cimg5214a.jpg

2 of them have a leg-ring

mk18662_cimg5259a.jpg

mk18662_cimg5257a.jpg

Ring information
mk18662_cimg5264a.jpg

mk18662_cimg5265a.jpg

N.MUSEUM
BRATISLAVA
SLOVAKIA
First bird C4114
second bird C4250

Last edited:
I believe electric wires are one of the biggest causes of death White Storks, but 150 in one go is bad news indeed. I guess the birds perhaps roosted on the pylons (not unusual or partcularly dangerous) but then, as suggested, got disturbed by something.

Catastrophe

Sorry I dont konw how to post pictures her

I would like that you see these sad pictures of White Europian Stork while migrating and paasing by Saudi Arabia(west) came in contact with electric wires and was killed

It may habend at nighat because of some thing scared the birds maybe cars or humen

It Habend 9 DAYS AGO

There was 150 birds

mk18662_cimg5239a.jpg

mk18662_cimg5196a.jpg

mk18662_cimg5214a.jpg

2 of them has a leg-ring

mk18662_cimg5259a.jpg

mk18662_cimg5257a.jpg

Ring information
mk18662_cimg5264a.jpg

mk18662_cimg5265a.jpg

N.MUSEUM
BRATISLAVA
SLOVAKIA
frst bird C4114
second bird C4250

This is dreadful. All these beautiful creatures killed. Surely the lines could have had markers or globes, or something which would alert the storks to the danger and prevent them approaching or alighting on the wires.

I believe electric wires are one of the biggest causes of death White Storks, but 150 in one go is bad news indeed. I guess the birds perhaps roosted on the pylons (not unusual or partcularly dangerous) but then, as suggested, got disturbed by something.

Yes it is really asad news we here in Saudi Arabia Sad for the bad huntting of birds and now these sad images

Thank you for passing her Jos Stratford

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back