BirdForum

BirdForum (https://www.birdforum.net/index.php)
-   Computers, Birding Software And The Internet (https://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Android BirdGuides App not working (https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=347879)

dipped Friday 21st July 2017 13:54

Android BirdGuides App not working
 
A couple of days ago this stopped updating with new sightings.

I've re-installed the app and still no sightings or pictures, nothing. It just says no sightings for local and national. I wonder what's going on.

I just have the free version.

The RBA App still works but is pretty useless unless you pay for the service.

edenwatcher Friday 21st July 2017 13:57

There is a completely new app which you need to install.

Rob

dipped Friday 21st July 2017 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by edenwatcher (Post 3592850)
There is a completely new app which you need to install.

Rob

Ok thanks for that. I see that the free version is now just as virtually useless as the RBA version.

The new App doesn't detail the latest sighting anymore though I suppose it is slightly better then RBA if the Nearby sightings are really nearby and you can guess the location. Just looking at it now and Nearby sightings aren't chronological. The dates are all over the place.

I suppose they were losing money putting the most recent sighting details out for free. I guess the Desktop site will be the same. I'm about to check...

I'll have to start following even more people on Twitter or pay for BINS (I'm in Suffolk).

tarsigercyanurus Friday 21st July 2017 14:36

Despite upgrading the Android app today, and using the free version, theres no new data, with the most recent message being yesterday's lack of service message.?!?

dipped Friday 21st July 2017 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarsigercyanurus (Post 3592868)
Despite upgrading the Android app today, and using the free version, theres no new data, with the most recent message being yesterday's lack of service message.?!?

Is the App icon a black bird on a white background? You're sure you have the new app?

Johnny1 Friday 21st July 2017 14:50

I can't even log in! when I enter my e-mail address it tells me that this e-mail address is already in use! of course it's in use...... it's ME that's bleeping using it!!!!! Going on holliday tomorrow without the use of Birdguides it seems.

dipped Friday 21st July 2017 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny1 (Post 3592875)
I can't even log in! when I enter my e-mail address it tells me that this e-mail address is already in use! of course it's in use...... it's ME that's bleeping using it!!!!! Going on holliday tomorrow without the use of Birdguides it seems.

I had an email about resetting my password, probably same for you.

Johnny1 Friday 21st July 2017 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipped (Post 3592891)
I had an email about resetting my password, probably same for you.

I tried resetting my password and various other things with the same result, I got so frustrated with it that I gave up! I remember when a phone call was all it took to get the latest sightings and trying to scribble them down before the message ended lol


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:18.

Powered by vBulletin®, copyright ©2000 - 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BirdForum Ltd 2002 - 2018