• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Maven B2 7x45? (1 Viewer)

Trogon4323

I was just using the custom binocular app at Maven optics as I have a B2 arriving next week and wanted to gaze at my chosen color scheme again when I noticed a 7x45 option in addition to the 9 and 11x.

No stats otherwise on the site and there's also a 6x30 option on the B3. A 7x B2 with AK prisms could be very interesting. Haven't called the company yet but thought I would stir the pot here first :t:

Good birding,
Clint

Nice find... I was aware they are introducing spotting scopes this year but hadn't heard about expanding the line of binocs.

I have a B3 that is a very nice optic... was planning on picking up a second to gift to a friend later this year. With the 7x coming out I may have to wait and think about myself again.

CG

It looks like they won't be ready to market until Maven releases their specs. I wonder when that will be?

Bob

Last edited:
I hadn't heard anything about these 2 either but searching around the interweb today revealed some mention of these from a company rep in the fall with release in a few months. A 7x B2 wasn't available on the custom build app less than 3 weeks ago when I placed my order for the 9x. Wasn't able to call them today but both models also appear in the "stock options" section.

I also dipped my toes in the H20 last year with a stock B3 and was very impressed with its performance and value- my thanks to the forum members for the detailed reviews of the B2 and B3 that helped fuel my interest in the company.

Go Broncs,
Clint

6x30 are great little binos, great with glasses and a joy to use. Glad to hear Maven is offering 6/7x options while so many others stick to only 8/10x.

I am in for reviewing both of those new options!

I was hoping you'd say that. Do you have the specs on those models? I don't see them listed on the website.

I've concluded that for me, 7x or even 6x works better than 8x or 9x in roofs due to the better depth of field, which also gives a better 3-D effect, or at least the illusion of it. I would also prefer 7x in porros, but AFAIK, there are no high quality 7x porros made any longer.

The appeal of these new Mavens is going to depend on the FOV, 7x and 6x require a WIDE TFOV to keep the AFOV from becoming claustrophobic like you find on most 7x50s or either prism design.

I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Brock

Bob,

The AFOV in those Camerland specs is 46º. You have compensate for the misaligned numbers in the right column.

46º appears to be a rounding up to the nearest whole degree of the simple magnification x real field method (6.5º x7= 45.5º). An actual measurement of the angle subtended by the AFOV (as Swarovski appears to do with its newer binoculars) would be closer to 43º.

Henry

Last edited:
6x30 are great little binos, great with glasses and a joy to use. Glad to hear Maven is offering 6/7x options while so many others stick to only 8/10x.

That is very interesting. I will be writing to see if it is possible to convert my pair of 8x30 to 6x30. I'm not sure I'd want to, but I'm curious about whether doing so is an option. The larger exit pupil would be nice.

I was just looking at the 9x45 and noticed the 7x45 B2s.

the specs are up on the grid at http://mavenbuilt.com/optics/

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back