• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

R.J.Coppillie? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
Anyone heard of this artist?

This morning I recieved a pen and pencil? colour painting of a peregrine falcon
as a christmas gift.I believe it was purchased secondhand in a diss auction house so the artist may be associated with east anglia?

It's signed in white capitals with the date 1977,there is also a label on the back with the following..

Name....R.J.Coppillie
Title......peregrine falcon
Price.....£60

I'm guessing that £60 in 1977 was a fair bit of money so was wondering if
anyone here might have heard of this artist.The quality of the painting certainly gives the impression that he was a professional?

Matt

matt green said:
Anyone heard of this artist?

Name....R.J.Coppillie
Title......peregrine falcon
Price.....£60

Matt

I just did a google search for the name as written and all it came up with is a planning application for an extension in Ipswich. Guessing from that, that at least someone in the family is from East Anglia. I haven't heard of the artist before though sorry.

Had a second thought and just did the surname. There is a Robert Coppillie that came up doing art courses for seascapes and landscapes at Suffolk college. When I followed the link he didn't appear so perhaps Google stored an old page from last year. I'm guessing there is a good chance that they are the same person.

Funny what you can find on the web...

Wow ,thanks KC and PWG..

My first attempt only got me as far as the planning application in ipswich!

I was tempted to try the telephone number that came up with one of the results,now I have the guys website!

My painting definately has a similar style to those works on the website.I think I'll wait till after the holidays and drop the artist an email to ask if he has any recollection of painting a peregrine falcon around 1977!

Thanks again for your help

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back