• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question - New Poyser - Russia (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I found a title in the Poyser series which should have been published in 2017. This is the introduction to the book,

Though it is the second largest country on earth,( it's the largest by a very long way unless I'm missing something?) extending from the central Asian desert to the islands of the High Arctic via steppe, tundra, and taiga, Russia's natural history is still poorly known by Western scientists. This new Poyser title, Russia: A Natural History, brings us up-to-date with a thorough exploration of the ecology of the region on a biome-by-biome basis. Detailed text wraps around stunning colour photography and full colour maps, with sections on each of the seven main biomes in Russia, as well as discussion of some of the unique ecosystems present within Russia's borders, such as Lake Baikal. The book also contains sections on the environmental and conservation history of the country. A companion title to Derek Ratcliffe's award-winning Lapland, Russia: A Natural History is larger and contains more colour than most Poyser titles. Besides providing a superb overview of the ecology of Russia, the book permits access for Western researchers and travellers to a great deal of Russian literature for the first time

Russia: A Natural History Hardback edition by Eugene Potapov

This title seems to have been abandoned along with another I found on the Griffon Vulture and 'Eggs, Chicks and Fledglings: The Biology of Parental Care in Birds', which were both due out in 2015.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back