• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Magazine collection (1 Viewer)

tomreid24

I have Birdwatching mag' from March '86 to present and Birdwatch from Dec' '92 to present.Can anyone tell me what they would be worth if put up for sale as a collection ? They hold great reference material but do take up a lot of space.
Tom.

Hi Tom,
No idea of what would be a fair price?It's a shame that you have to think of getting rid of them: I may have that problem some day with magazines,but hope not!
Harry H

I'm trained to teach Movement to Music for the over-sixties. I find that my husband's old computer magazines (rolled and taped up firmly) make excellent substitutes for weights in my arm-strengthening exercises.

Why not try selling them in the Classifieds Section in Bird Watching Magazine? I've often seen complete collections of the various bird mags advertised there. Birdwatching usually seems to go for about £200+ for a complete collection.

GILL

Thanks all, I don't need nor really want to part with them but would like to think they would realise some return.
Elizabeth, I think your use of computer mags' is sound but to use b/w mags' as such? Sacrilege!
Tom.

It's a shame you don't live closer to me(Newcastle) as i would have been more than happy to give them a good home....somehow don't think my driving instructor will let me drive all the way down South tomorrow!!!

GILL

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back