• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawk ID - Jacksonville Fl (1 Viewer)

Newton-W

A friend of mine took this 12-31-2016 near Jacksonville, Fl. Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be. The image is kind of bad and I know some of you guys and gals can ID from this bad an image. I can only guess that it might be a Northern Harrier, but I'm just not sure.

Thanks in advance,

-Newton

Attachments

• Jax-Hawk.jpg
    Jax-Hawk.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 74
The tail shape looks like it is a Buteo and the chest pattern looks like that of a juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk. That is my best guess. Maybe the picture can be lightened?

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back