• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Daurian Starlings (1 Viewer)

Steve Keen

Just a quick message to say that this morning I had two Daurian Starlings in Uduwalawe National Park, in one of the many flocks of Rosy Starlings. I'm assuming that this species is still (as per Warakagoda et al) a vagrant so thought it would be of interest to someone.
As far as I can tell, given limited gen and woeful WiFi in my Ratnapura hotel, both adults, but not sure of sex yet.
Didn't get a GPS because there didn't seem a lot of point, presumably these starling flocks are highly mobile.
Nor photos - all my photos are phone scoped and by the time I had got the scope set up on the back of the safari truck they had dropped down to the ground.
And anyway I had limited time and other (more expected) stuff to locate.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back