• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sigma AF 70-200/2.8 (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
My guess is "portable guy" is trying to earn a lot of money on that one (notice, it is not sold by amazon themselves).

Niels

i have also notice that it is not available in B&H.

One reason may be that Sigma very recently released an updated version of this lens. Their new 70-200 2.8 comes with image stabilizer. I am not sure if the older version has been discontinued and if the new version is offered in all mounts, but it would explain why retailers don't stock the older version any more. Canadian prices for the old version was around $1000, not sure what the new version sells for, but the amazon price is waaaaaaay of target for both versions of the lens.

there is no need for IS in olympus lenses unless they are also making account for the Lumix cameras which lacks the in-body IS.

oh well that means more expensive. thanks very much seasprit.

BTW seaspirit, if you know a retailer who got the older version in Canada can you tell me about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back