• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My FZ20 Pic's Comment's Welcomed (1 Viewer)

Looking through your photos I'd say you've got to grips with the FZ20 very well. I have one too, but I'm not that struck on it's macro suitability - you though have taken some very nice butterflies and caterpillar shots.

As for advice on composition and settings for photos it's not a bad idea to have a look through some of the Bird Forum Gallery photos. The eye catching ones usually have good compostion and are in good settings not just technically good. Just take note and try to emulate the ones you like.

I don't have the panasonic so can't comment directly but you don't seem to be doing too much wrong as far as I can see. Ian's advice seems sound.

Looking at the caterpillar shot though, I'm minded to agree with Ian about the macro capabilities which doesn't look as good as the macro on my Nikon Coolpix 4500.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back