• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with Fuji X-E2 (1 Viewer)

Werner H.

Say hello to everybody in this forum. I am the new one from Hamburg / Germany.
I just started with digiscopying using a Swaro ATX 85x25-60 on a Manfrotto 055 with Gitzo head 2380. The camera is a Fuji X-E2 with a 35/1,4 alternatively a 23/1,4. I screwed the camera directly with the scope an use mostly the AF of the cam.

First results attached.

Rgds. Werner

Last edited:
Excellent!

Are you using the DCB II adapter?

Thanks for compliments!

I screwed the objective (52 mm diameter) directly on the lens of the scope.
It`s the same mounting thread. The camera ist not to heavy for this.
Hope you know what I mean.

Regards Werner

Werner,
Truly amazing tack sharp photos. General question. In your opinion is the quality of the photos shown most accounted for by the quality of the scope, the lens on the camera or the cameras 16 MP sensor. May be difficult to answer but would love to hear your opinion.

Thank you!

I think the camera has the greater part. Most of my photos made between Iso 1000 to 2000.
A digiscoping friend of mine has the Sony MKII. The photos are only useful up to Iso 800.
The optical viewfinder of the Fuji is very good as well the integreated peaking function for the manual focus. A remote release can be adapted as shown at the photos.
Next week I get my new Fuji X-T1 with better AF and optical viewfinder.
Sorry for my english. Hope you understand what I mean.

Rgds Werner

Werner,
Truly amazing tack sharp photos. General question. In your opinion is the quality of the photos shown most accounted for by the quality of the scope, the lens on the camera or the cameras 16 MP sensor. May be difficult to answer but would love to hear your opinion.

Hi Werner,

Welcome to BirdForum, you will find it a friendly site shared by many keen digiscopers and photographers. Your photos are excellent, I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Mike

Thanks for welcome me!

Attached two photos of Dompfaff (english: bullfinch [Pyrrhula pyrrhula]), male in red, female in brown.

rgds Werner

Last edited:
Say hello to everybody in this forum. I am the new one from Hamburg / Germany.
I just started with digiscopying using a Swaro ATX 85x25-60 on a Manfrotto 055 with Gitzo head 2380. The camera is a Fuji X-E2 with a 35/1,4 alternatively a 23/1,4. I screwed the camera directly with the scope an use mostly the AF of the cam.

First results attached.

Rgds. Werner

Werner,
What amazing detail. Looks like Fuji are coming back with great cameras for digiscoping.
Looking forward to seeing more from this camera.
Also welcome to the Forum.
Neil.

Thank you Neil. I will do my very best. The german bird season will start end of March. Very early this year.

Attached two more fotos of the rig.

rgds Werner

Werner,
What amazing detail. Looks like Fuji are coming back with great cameras for digiscoping.
Looking forward to seeing more from this camera.
Also welcome to the Forum.
Neil.

Last edited:
Werner,
Looking at your connection of the scope to the the tripod head. Is the quick release slide device that attaches to the spotting scope a Swaro product or aftermarket? Thanks and keep sending the sample images. Each has blown me away.
Frank

Hi Frank,

here is only a german link to the Swaro quick release:

http://www.orniwelt.de/products/Spe...nstiges/Swarovski-Teleskopschiene-SSR-II.html

It`s not metal only plastic!

Hope that`s helpful to you.

rgds Werner

Werner,
Looking at your connection of the scope to the the tripod head. Is the quick release slide device that attaches to the spotting scope a Swaro product or aftermarket? Thanks and keep sending the sample images. Each has blown me away.
Frank

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back