• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product To Be Launched 4-Mar-2016 (1 Viewer)

@SwarovskiOptik just tweeted (1 Feb 16:55) the following:

"March 4, 2016 is D-day. We will be presenting our new landmark product that completely redefines performance."​

Anybody know what it is? Specifically, will it supplant the EL 10x42 binoculars that I just bought?!?

Last edited:
The new Field Pro having just been released, it would seem a bizarre move. Maybe the FP will be the second tier down from a new State of the Art design.:eek!:

"March 4, 2016 is D-day. We will be presenting our new landmark product that completely redefines performance."​

Anybody know what it is? Specifically, will it upgrade the EL 10x42 binoculars that I just bought?!?

Did a google search and found this teaser video, but it doesn't tell you a thing, only that something brand new is coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZToPYNstY

There are no birds shown in the video so that may be a hint. All of the critters shown are of the hunted variety.

This should be a fun thread! Let the speculation begin.

Edit: Beautiful photography. I doubt that it was digiscoped. It was probably taken with a Sony video camera using a Zeiss lens. ;)

Last edited:
There are no birds shown in the video so that may be a hint. All of the critters shown are of the hunted variety.

This should be a fun thread! Let the speculation begin.
Them are hunted animals. Swarovski doesn't make any firearms so it has to be a new hunting scope line. I got it Swarovision scopes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reassuring speculation in favour of hunting equipment, folks - I might be able to sleep now. :eek!: (Later today is my last chance to get a refund on the EL 10x42s! I mentioned this in my tweeted reply to @SwarovskiOptik asking for more details - well, it's worth a try...)

Judging by the video, the mystery-optics are not Swarovski's answer to Zeiss's Victory line, which was explicitly designed more for birders than hunters.

Last edited:
Definitely a new Hunting Product as you can see on-line HERE !

Congrats on the new 10x42 SV Birdman...You're Good To Go! :D

Ted

Last edited:
A new Porro I tell you, a new Porro ! :eat::-O

Maybe...a buttery smooth focuser, extended ER and EL coatings that get transmission levels up to 98-99% would be a BIG DEAL!!! :king:

Errrr, remind me not to type when I've been up 20 hrs. :eat:

Ted

Anybody know what it is? Specifically, will it supplant the EL 10x42 binoculars that I just bought?!?

Everywhere else, this is more commonly referred to as a quality 7x binocular....!!!:t:

CG

Last edited:
o:D Cool! I made it on the first page of a 20-plus page thread we'll have here before one is ever released!

Unless of course it is hunting related.

I would love to see a new state-of-the-art bin come out but I too doubt it.

And we couldn't handle Super Duty if it was. :-C:-O

Unless the $2500+ retail SF is considered Swarovski's new midrange model I doubt it's a binocular. I suppose the SF could get new glass, but that update would be too soon. If it's a new advanced binocular look for a HUGE:eek!: price. :-O

With the INFINITY symbol so prominently in the word "soon"...do you guys/gals think that in any way portends a name or implies a technology, or direction the product is intended for? I'm not asking rhetorically-I really don't have a clue!

Hoping some of you smart people might have ideas!

With the INFINITY symbol so prominently in the word "soon"...do you guys/gals think that in any way portends a name or implies a technology, or direction the product is intended for? I'm not asking rhetorically-I really don't have a clue!

Hoping some of you smart people might have ideas!

The infinity symbol represents the price and the intended market:

Only those with infinitely large bank accounts need apply :-O

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back