• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wall Lizards from Sicily (1 Viewer)

Alexjh1

I just got back from Sicily and took quite a lot of photos of the many many wall lizards I saw there, but although I've seen both Sicilian and Italian Wall Lizards described as common in places I visited, I've been struggling to find any solid description online on how to identify them as one or the other. I've included a selection here - if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated!

Attachments

• DSCF2018.JPG
    DSCF2018.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF2039.JPG
    DSCF2039.JPG
    581.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2057.JPG
    DSCF2057.JPG
    384.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF2180.JPG
    DSCF2180.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF2365.JPG
    DSCF2365.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 25
From the latest book by Speybroek et al, if you want the hi rez file to blow up, you can send me a pm with an e-mail.

1,2 and 5 look like siculus whilst 3 looks more like what they call the 'uniform morph' of campestris?

A

Attachments

• rsz_img020.jpg
    rsz_img020.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thanks for the help! I've had a scan though the many other pics, and can't see anything that looks like a sicilian, so I'll just assume all the ones I got photos of at least were Italian.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back