• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wireless Remote shutter (1 Viewer)

Marcus Conway - ebirder

What recommnedations are there?
The ones on fleabay are considerably cheaper than the Canon one.
Anyone using these items currently? :t:

Mainly for my 1dnmk2, but I also have a 30D

What recommnedations are there?
The ones on fleabay are considerably cheaper than the Canon one.
Anyone using these items currently? :t:

Mainly for my 1dnmk2, but I also have a 30D
One's on Ebay are fine work well and cost a fraction of canon jobbies! The Phottix one's are excellent (make sure you buy extra batteries as they do tend to use them quickly, or rechargables if poss)
Brian

One's on Ebay are fine work well and cost a fraction of canon jobbies! The Phottix one's are excellent (make sure you buy extra batteries as they do tend to use them quickly, or rechargables if poss)
Brian

Thanks Brian. It's hard to see what damage one could do on the assumption that it actually works in the first place. :t:

Not used the item you are referring to (Nikon user myself) but generally speaking, I find fleabay to be just great for the cheap'n'cheerful bits of kit. Usually direct from Hong Kong, though sometimes available from UK sellers. Build quality is rarely as good as the proper item, so handle with care, but apart from that, I've never had any problems. And with prices sometimes as little as 10% of UK RRP, how far wrong can you go? Pay by Paypal, and if it doesn't work, you can get you money back anyway!

On this day and age where bluetooth chipsets are selling for less than $2, it is a shame that Canon does not include a wireless remote and wireless flash triggering feature with every new DSLR model...

Hi Marcus
I have the wireles remote and the wired remote versions from HK and yes, both work well and at fraction of the Canon prices so I would have to agree that they are worth buying. I reasoned that for such little outly, I could throw them away if they were useless. It makes you wonder how the big brands can justify such expensive pricing of these items...
Julian

I discovered yesterday that Amazon are now selling many of these HK Ebay goodies. Here's a bog-standard wired remote for four quid! They've also got wireless ones and timers for about the same price as on Ebay.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back