• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monk Optics closing. (1 Viewer)

Binastro

Monk Optics seems to be closing in 2 days time after almost 40 years.

They were very well respected and supplied high quality equipment, some of their own manufacture, or enhancements of existing binoculars.

Also selling unusual items like the Dowling and Rowe 4x22 binocular that I like.

It is sad that the people who really understand optics are slowly disappearing.

Thanks for letting us know.

I never met Mr Monk, but we had long telephone conversations on a couple of occasions. An enormously helpful and charming man who loved to share his extensive knowledge of optics and the industry. When we last spoke he said he was winding down the business, but wanted to get to a few boat shows first to see old friends. Hope he enjoyed his farewells. It's a great shame the doors are finally closing.

David

Thats a shame, I have had a few Monk binoculars, and still have a nice Monk Admiral 7x, which I shall keep now, even though not much used these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back