• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuerteventura, April 2013 (1 Viewer)

JohnMac

Just a quick report from our flying visit to Fuerteventura, for one week between 19-26 April 2013. We have been visiting the island for a years now, however the purpose of our trip this time was house hunting, so with wife and two daughters in tow, I still managed a bit of birding on my favourite island, including two lifers. Here's a list with locations, if anyone wants more info on the island locations etc just ask and I'll elaborate further or feel free to PM...

1 Houbara Bustard @ El Cotillo. Solitary male wandering along between the town and the first surf beach. Seen on the landward side at around 1700hrs.
2 Barbary Falcon @ El Cotillo, observed on the cliffs at the farthest beach away from the town. Juvenile.
3 Booted Eagle, soaring above Llanos De Conception.
4 Egyptian Vulture @ Betancuria, observed between Betancuria and Vega de Rio Palma
5 Fuerteventura Chat @ Caleta, near to the Barranco
6 Black Bellied Sandgrouse @ La Oliva, several observed on the hillside seen from roadside layby bewteen La Oliva and Villa Verde

And several old favourites, : Bertehlot's Pipits, Trumpeter Finches and Hoopoes all abundant.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back