• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Who found the Whinchat ? (1 Viewer)

senatore

Went to my local patch yesterday early afternoon (Marsh Lane in Warwickshire).There was not an awfull lot around of any great interest and I only saw one wader a lone Common Sandpiper.The 2 Med. Gulls seen there earlier had gone.

As I made my round the site all the 5 birders I met asked me "Have you seen the Whinchat?" One had been seen briefly the day before.Of course I had,nt as I usually have to rely upon others to find birds for me.

As I walked back to my car having just locked the site entrance gate my keen birders eye (Ha Ha !) spotted something on a barbed wire fence in the field opposite.Using all the bushcraft I know (not much !) I got within 20 metres and focussed the bins and there it was the Whinchat.Allright it is not a great rarity but I was pleased because I had found it and it was a lifer.

I had watched it for about 15 mins as it caught insects when another birder joined me to see what I was looking at."Ha Ha" he said " I have been tracking this little beauty all over the site since mid morning.Great that,s a year tick for me". Only too pleased to help I thought.

Max.

Congratulations Max,every lifer is great but it is even better when you find it yourself,well done. All thebest Jihn.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back