BirdForum

BirdForum (https://www.birdforum.net/index.php)
-   Wildlife Art (https://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=469)
-   -   Wootton Art 2012 (https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=225706)

timwootton Thursday 22nd March 2012 17:19

Wootton Art 2012

4 Attachment(s)
Back to basics. I'll fold my other sparsely populated threads and stick everything here (as before). At least it shows willing . . . . ;)
Seabirds are featuring a bit at the moment mainly due to an upcoming exhibition in Maine in June. I'll be painting 20 - 25 new pieces for this show so I'd better get cracking . . .
Black and whites are for the new Orkney Bird Report and the ringed plover is one of about eigth or nine field drawings I've managed to make this year - and it's already nearly b100dy April !!

timwootton Thursday 22nd March 2012 17:20

3 Attachment(s)
, , ,

Mike in Cumbria Thursday 22nd March 2012 17:45

Very, very lovely, especially the light on the eiders.

CindyE Thursday 22nd March 2012 19:11

All of them are great!

mark richards Thursday 22nd March 2012 19:24

you'r sooooo good!!! love them all...and its not bloody april yet...can i see another book in the making...mark

mayoayo Thursday 22nd March 2012 20:27

Maestro!

nickderry Thursday 22nd March 2012 20:39

all the best for the US show! Getting very international now :-) The redhsnak is just quite wonderful, I can just hear him shrieking - though it's been so long since I last saw a redshank I can't remember what they sound like.

solitaryVSong Thursday 22nd March 2012 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark richards (Post 2395839)
you'r sooooo good!!! love them all...and its not bloody april yet.

Just couldn't resist quoting this... especially because it's true. These remind me of why I always end up liking your watercolors above everything else: they always have this wonderful sense of light. They always remind me of how great watercolor can be in the right hands!!

ed keeble Thursday 22nd March 2012 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwootton (Post 2395757)
Back to basics. I'll fold my other sparsely populated threads and stick everything here (as before). At least it shows willing . . . . ;)
Seabirds are featuring a bit at the moment mainly due to an upcoming exhibition in Maine in June. I'll be painting 20 - 25 new pieces for this show so I'd better get cracking . . .
Black and whites are for the new Orkney Bird Report and the ringed plover is one of about eigth or nine field drawings I've managed to make this year - and it's already nearly b100dy April !!

hoorah- watercolouring in the grand manner

and Maine in June- do you get to deliver the pics personally to lobsterland or at least pay them a visit?

Nick Sinden Thursday 22nd March 2012 22:25

Mind-bogglingly brilliant!

timwootton Thursday 22nd March 2012 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed keeble (Post 2395962)
hoorah- watercolouring in the grand manner

and Maine in June- do you get to deliver the pics personally to lobsterland or at least pay them a visit?

Many thanks, Ed.
Unfortunately it is looking increasingly unlikely that I'll be able to make the trip over the pond - lack of cash and lack of passport are two tricky obstacles :)

Bigshent Thursday 22nd March 2012 22:49

All fantastic pictures Your rocks and rock faces always have me dumbstruck :king:

apbarr Thursday 22nd March 2012 23:02

Great work Tim, your Eiders are brilliant as usual. I might need to save my pennies to buy another to join the pair of yours I have already.

Andrew H Friday 23rd March 2012 16:55

Shurly your art work IS your Cash and Passport......?

timwootton Friday 23rd March 2012 17:43

1 Attachment(s)
A recollection from last summer's Yesnaby sessions:

joannec Friday 23rd March 2012 17:52

Love it all Tim............I'd been wondering where you were!

spizaetos Friday 23rd March 2012 19:59

What a fantastic series of new artwork Tim! Now I know what you have been involved with...I`ve been also wondering what happened to you!
Wish you the best for the forthcoming exhibition!

Paschalis

nickderry Saturday 24th March 2012 07:22

what wonderful light on these skuas, I didn't think it possible for you to make them even more beautiful!

Woody Saturday 24th March 2012 07:53

I've been hibernating but work like this is guaranteed to snap me out of it! Gasp.

Mike

orniodesigns Saturday 24th March 2012 11:57

These new paintings are beautifull!

buzzard12 Saturday 24th March 2012 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by orniodesigns (Post 2397153)
These new paintings are beautifull!

They certainly are. First of all, it's nice to see you getting the recognition you deserve Tim, good to here the international stage is now beckoning. The watercolour work here is staggering, those Eiders are bathed in sunlight and the rest Puffin is remarkably well handled.
This would all been quite enough, then the skuas go up and leave me agape. It's just very, very beautiful. What else have you got locked up there in your recollections..?

ed keeble Saturday 24th March 2012 17:13

this isn't a thread, it's a shrine- dusty pilgrims arriving from all over

I've been musing on what makes those skuas extra-brilliant: quite a naturalistic palette I think

solitaryVSong Saturday 24th March 2012 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed keeble (Post 2397340)

:t::t::t:

I'm often surprised as well by the masterful wordsmiths among us,...

mark richards Saturday 24th March 2012 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed keeble (Post 2397340)

"He's not the Messiah"....:-O

Jane Turner Saturday 24th March 2012 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by apbarr (Post 2396012)
Great work Tim, your Eiders are brilliant as usual. I might need to save my pennies to buy another to join the pair of yours I have already.

I was thinking much the same