• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birding S.W. Idaho (1 Viewer)

Mike Denny

Hello All,
On 6 April four of us birded the Dry Lakes area south of Nampa, Idaho. We observed the following amid falling snow. 3 Trumpeter Swam,62 Tundra Swan, 1 Greater Snow Goose,1 Savannah Sparrow, 1 Say's Phoebe and 7 waterfowl species. Also found 6 American Avocets, 1 Long-billed Dowitcher and 7 Black-necked Stilts. Great fun to see a mix of winter and summer species!
Later Mike

Thanks for this report, Mike, and a BIG WELCOME to the BirdForum.

I'm pleased that you have ventured into our "visible" world. I hope you've enjoyed yourself while you have been having a look round.

I am particularly thrilled to see you name down for the GGBC.

Great stuff!

Looking forward to your sightings report, and many more (I hope) postings!

Cheers

Mike: I lived in Boise for a year and have enjoyed my birding in subsequent visits. I especially liked spending time at Jump Creek Canyon. Welcome to the Bird Forums, and let us know what you're seeing out there.

Steve Gross
Houston, TX

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back