• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2019 (4 Viewers)

Happy New Year to you all, garden listers.

Here we go again.

Wood Pigeon was my first today...

Happy New Year to you too H (and to all the Garden/Yard listers).
Yellowhammer my first of the year, we’re sitting in thick mist here so far, so it’s just a few ‘heard only’ species so far!

Cheers, Richard, I'm up to 16 so far - with Greater 'pecker a surprise - as I've failed to see or hear one on patch for several weeks.
The local Rooks are on their rookery today, calling away.

Cheers, Richard, I'm up to 16 so far - with Greater 'pecker a surprise - as I've failed to see or hear one on patch for several weeks.
The local Rooks are on their rookery today, calling away.

Ha, that’s one more than I managed today, 3 Hawfinch at the feeders the highlight bird wise, though 3 Roe Deer tiptoeing between the house and our veg garden was a wonderful sight at dusk.

Couldn't avoid hearing the nocturnal Robins as I was getting packed up for my day out but that was it.

1. Robin

Steve

Hope nobody minds, but I think I'll join in this year. I enjoyed the thread tremendously over the last couple years.

A slow start, with

1. Northern Mockingbird
2. House Finch
3. Mourning Dove
4. Canada Goose (f)

I have managed some decent birds over the yard last year, including Red-headed Woodpecker, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, and others in active morning flight.

Last edited:
Only had 16 today but it was quite warm out so perhaps they are going for more natural food rather than the bird feeders.

A couple additions at the feeders today in

5. Dark-eyed Junco
6. Blue Jay

I am designating flyovers with an (f) to make for an easier year-end analysis.

A couple additions at the feeders today in

5. Dark-eyed Junco
6. Blue Jay

I am designating flyovers with an (f) to make for an easier year-end analysis.

Thanks Bm, I was about to ask what the f was!
No garden birding today for me, I nipped down to Lake Geneva to see some web footed species that I never see here, plus a gorgeous Rough-legged Buzzard and the twenty-odd year old wintering Turnstone:t:

January 2nd - a watch for the last hour of daylight

2. Collared Dove
3. Feral Pigeon
4. Goldfinch
5. Jackdaw
6. Woodpigeon
7. Black-headed Gull (85 heading to roost)
8. Greenfinch
9. Magpie
10. Chaffinch
11. Cormorant
12. Blue Tit
13. Carrion Crow
14. Pied Wagtail

January 3rd - morning watch

15. Linnet
16. LBB Gull
17. Dunnock
18. Blackbird
19. Fieldfare
20. Coal Tit
21. Starling
22. House Sparrow
23. Herring Gull
24. Rook
25. Mallard
26. Sparrowhawk
27. Grey Wagtail
28. Wren
29. Great Tit

Then a three minute drive for 3 Waxwings !

Last edited:
January 3rd - morning watch

15. Linnet
16. LBB Gull
17. Dunnock
18. Magpie
19. Blackbird
20. Fieldfare
21. Coal Tit
22. Starling
23. House Sparrow
24. Herring Gull
25. Rook
26. Mallard
27. Sparrowhawk
28. Grey Wagtail
29. Wren
30. Great Tit

Then a three minute drive for 3 Waxwings !

You’ve double counted Magpie Steve...:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back