• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to feel miserable as an Artist (1 Viewer)

I'm not too bad - only one and ten, but still a bloody miserable artist - art, trying to show others what they can't see - battle lost in advance. (says little miss ray of sunshine!)

I'm not too bad - only one and ten, but still a bloody miserable artist - art, trying to show others what they can't see - battle lost in advance. (says little miss ray of sunshine!)

Finally got around to reading this. Like Nick number one is quite true. Ten I don't think so though I certainly do lack patience once I start a work. I have to say that I've never been a miserable artist, but then I've never tried, or at least not for long, to make a living at it. I was horribly disillusioned when I was young and in my first shows when I realized that most people just didn't look at work. Of those that did extremely few seemed to look long enough to form a judgment either way. I think maybe because of that I've never had high expectations on the part of an audience and just am happy with the little attention that I get. The audience for art, bird or otherwise, seems farily small, sad to say. Coming to that conclusion early on gives me more equanimity than misery I'd guess. I came to the conclusion that I really do it for myself most, and then I just hope that someone else likes my work.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back