• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

S9gma 150-600 vs canon 100-400 (1 Viewer)

mav12

Sigma 150-600 vs canon 100-400

Anyone upgraded from a Canon 100-400 mk1 to the Siggy. contempory . how does it compare iq wise i have the 100 400 and the 400 f5.6 and thinking of selling both for the siggy

thanks

Last edited:
I had both the 100-400 mkI and the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary for a while. They are both good lenses but in the end I could only keep one of them. I still have the Canon. Personally I would not give up that 100-400 and the 400 f5.6 for the Sigma. Selling my 400 f5.6 is the biggest lens mistake I've made, I will have another one day.

Never had the 100-400 Canon but have owned the 400f5.6, and I up graded to the Tamron G1 150-600 its always a personal thing with lenses, but I like the extra reach at the top end combined with the versatility of the zoom (makes BIF a lot easier for me being able to zoom out to find the bird them zoom in to get the shot).

Tim.

Just to add another lens into the mix is the Sigma 60-600 it's a great looking lens and example shots I have seen are very sharpe at the 600 end not as good at the 60 end but gives you a lens that can almost do everything.

Tim

yes that 60-600 does look sharp at 600mm , ive pulled the trigger on the 150-600 c so will see how it compares

I am sure will enjoy the 150-600 the reach it gives is great and the results I seen people get are nice and sharpe Ok not prime lens quality but its a lot cheaper than a 500/600 f4

Tim.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back