I think that is probably the end of this years birding for me. My best ever year in the UK and my second best world year.
The only other species to mention from an undisclosed site this year...
458. (228) Ruddy duck
28/11/2011 Abuko/Kotu/Brufut woods
Abuko (Including rice field nearby)
444. (240) LITTLE GREENBUL - Seen twice here
445. (241) AHANTA FRANCOLIN - 2 birds together
446. (242) GUINEA TURACO - A pair seen well
447. (243) AFRICAN CRAKE - Single bird flew over track at rice field
26/11/2011 Bird Safari Camp/Wassu/River cruise
Bird Safari Camp
437. (227) Brown throated wattle-eye - Heard often, seen here and at Abuko
438. (228) Yellow breasted apalis - Single bird here only
439. (229) NORTHERN BLACK FLYCATCHER - Single bird here only
23/11/2011 Bansang/Bird Safari Camp
Bansang (Rice fields)
---- (211) Common snipe -Single bird in flight
---- (212) Green sandpiper - Single bird on the ground
426. (213) CHESTNUT BACKED SPARROW LARK - Several here and at Wassu
427. (214) ZEBRA WAXBILL - Single bird here...
22/11/2011 Bird Safari Camp
417. (201) Tawny eagle - A few seen up river
418. (202) STONE PARTRIDGE - 3 on the track here, fleeting view at Brufut later
419. (203) Black crake - Single bird on the mud bank of the river
---- (204) Black winged stilt - One flew up the river...
21/11/2011 Bird Safari Camp/Bansang Quarry
Bird Safari Camp
399. (182) Hadeda - Seen daily around here
---- (183) European turtle dove - Seen twice around this area only
400. (184) LEVAILLANT'S CUCKOO - Single bird seen two consecutive days here
401. (185) PEARL SPOTTED...
20/11/2011 Tendaba/Panchang/Baboon Islands
373. (148) Black kite - Regular at Tendaba and Farakunku
374. (149) BRUCE'S GREEN PIGEON - here and several early morning at Bird Safari Camp
375. (150) BEARDED BARBET - Several along the river and at Farakunku
19/11/2011 Gunjur/River Gambia cruise/Tendaba
355. (122) AFRICAN PIED HORNBILL - A pair on the way out of Gunjur, heard later at Abuko
356. (123) Great White Pelican - Several amongst Pink backed
---- (124) Great cormorant - Several on the first part of...
18/11/2011 Allahein river & Footsteps ecolodge
332. (085) PINK BACKED PELICAN - Common on salt water river
333. (086) AFRICAN DARTER - Common along rivers
334. (087) Western reef egret - Common along rivers
335. (088) Striated heron - Seen regularly throughout
I will try to put up all the species I saw here, not just the additional year ticks along with frequency of sightings so that it will follow on from my trip report.
The first number is the number for the year, the second number is a species count for Gambia.
Birds are in date order but...