Near Pune, Maharashtra, India. Dec 2020
Found in grasslands in a large flock of 100 or so. Was lighter in colour than the regular sykes. But is not that common this south. I think this is greater short toed. What do you guys think?
Few birds from the Nilgiri hills in Southern India.
1) Some chat but cant find exact match in any of my books. Had a very prominent white wing patch.
2) No idea...Tickells Thrush?
3) Some flycatcher but very dark?
4)Juvenile blackbird? or some Thrush?
5) Streak throated or Scaly bellied?
Three unidentified birds from near Darjeeling North India. Height of around 8000 feet above sea level.
1st is some falcon
2nd is some gull(hadn't expected to see one there)
3rd is some finch
is as much as I have been able to id.
all around pune,western maharashtra, India.
1) was soaring around some thermals... ? some falcon/ black shouldered kite
2&3) around a waterbody... there were loads of black kites in the area but this one looked different... is it just another black kite that is moulting or something else?
This was near a river around outskirts of Pune,Maharashtra India. caused a flock of river terns and shelducks to rise up and fly. There were lots of black kites in the area but this one was larger and a bit different. Any idea?