Sorry for having so many :p
I have the phillips' field guide but some of those raptors and flycatchers are just such a headache!
Anyway here we go:
1. Possible Bat-hawk? Was found outside Gomantong caves. http://i.imgur.com/8kqoA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/pOIlj.jpg...
Could someone help me ID these birds?
1. Rufous Songlark?
2. Some sort of cuckoo (helpful, I know)
3. Australasian Pipit?
4. Rufous Fieldwren?
5. Think it's Red-capped Robin but want to rule out anything else.
Thanks in advance.
Hey everyone, just been going over some old photos and noticed these two raptors I saw at the Western Treatment Plant.
I would have dismissed them as Whistling Kites but the white one makes me think they might be something more interesting, Little Eagle maybe? Just overexposed?
Sorry to dump so many here, just got back after a week in the Top End and i'm left with these birds to ID.
1. Maybe a Variegated Fairy-wren? There were a lot of Red-backed Wrens in that spot but this one seems to have some distinctive shading.
2. I'm hoping this is a juvenile Gouldian Finch...
Is this a Pallid Cuckoo? It doesn't really match up with any of the pictures in my guide but that seems like the closest match.
Also it said Pallid Cuckoos eat large caterpillars so that maybe that's an identifying feature :P
Thanks in advance.
Well I haven't bought anything in a while.
I think my Gear Acquisition Syndrome is picking up again because i'm actually considering getting a Lenscoat for my 300/2.8.
Just have a few questions about them for owners:
Is it worth getting the teleconverter coats as well and does the 1.4x fit...
Taken sort of central east, near Alpine national park.
1-3 i have no idea about.
4 i'm not expecting any miracles with :P
5 i thought was a nankeen kestrel but those dark splotches near the tail make me consider brown falcon?
Thanks for any help.
I thought i'd err on the side of caution with these since there's so many different species of waders.
I was thinking the first was a Bar-Tailed Godwit and the second was a Sharp-Tailed Sandpiper. All opinions welcome.
I recently got a Canon 300/2.8 and 7d but it seems too heavy to just hang the camera and lens from my neck like I usually do. I've tried putting the lens strap around my shoulder and camera strap around my neck which distributes the weight a bit better but I was wondering if there are any better...
Just got back from a trip to Paris and Normandy. Wasn't a birding trip so I didn't bring a guide, could anyone help me ID these?
1. Some sort of treecreeper i guess
2. Yellow sparrow? I have no idea
4. Saw this one hovering above a field in Normandy. I have a blurry pic of the top part of...
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I just got back from the Melbourne International Animation Festival and saw a great animated short film about birds.
Here's a link to it:
This is the second and last batch of birds from around Lamington National Park in Queensland.
5. Not sure, seems like it should be easy to ID but i must be skipping over it in the field guide.
6. Ok i'm not expecting any miracles with this one. I saw these two birds in the undergrowth of the...
I'm back from my trip to Lamington. These were all taken around Canungra and i appreciate any help in IDing them.
1. I think it's either a black-faced cuckoo-shrike or masked woodswallow but i haven't seen either before.
2. I think this one is either a striated or spotted pardalote, only got...
These are three waders I saw today, I'm not even sure if they are the same species but they were all near eachother.
I thought they were bar-tailed godwits but since they have all those similar looking species I thought i'd get another opinion.
Thanks in advance
(sorry about the...