• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera In nestbox. (1 Viewer)

That's great news Henry.

Are you keeping up with the meal worm supply? My Blue Tits and Robins can't get enough of them LOL.

D

LOL they do look so funny when they're carrying them don't they Henry.

Sometimes a moustache, sometimes a cigar (like this one).

You've got a great set-up for them.

D

With the constant threat of cats on the prowl I had to fix some wire around the box . The youngsters are growing by the day and are now stretching and flapping their wings .

Last edited:
Wire

Some protection .

Attachments

• IMG_7145 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7145 (Medium).JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7142 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7142 (Medium).JPG
    102 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7129 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7129 (Medium).JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7133 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7133 (Medium).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 40
The saddest .

Earlier tonight I noticed one of the adults trying to remove one of her chicks that had died .Attempts to haul it up through the opening failed , what it did next was quite surprising , she pecked into its belly then [it looked] like she devoured the contents . Once that was done she eventually managed to get the [smaller] corpse out through the entrance .Thats nature for you .

Gosh Henry! I've not heard of them doing that before. It couldn't have been very nice to observe, but fascinating though.

I hope the rest of the brood survive OK.

D

I think it was the ninth egg that was last to hatch , it was much smaller than the rest . She left the body at the other side of the garden ......henry ....

I,m expecting them to leave the nestbox any time now .

Gawd :eek!:... well I hope the weather is better up there than it is here Henry - bucketing rain and blowing a gale!

Good luck H

D

Al gone .

Tuesday and Wednesday was take-off time . sad to see them go ,they,ve been very entertaining . The adults are taking food to them where ever they are hiding .

Attachments

• IMG_7197 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7197 (Small).JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7205 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7205 (Small).JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7220 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7220 (Small).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7225 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7225 (Small).JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7238 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7238 (Small).JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 31
You must feel so proud, though Henry, to know that all your babes have grown up and left the nest!

Very nice pictures you've taken of the event too.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back