• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1.5-2X converter (1 Viewer)

jace2004

I Want To Use A 1.5 - 2x Kenko Converter
With Nikon D70s And Sigma 135 - 400 Lens.
Not Bothed If Af Does Not Work.
Does Any One Now If The Converters Will Work Ok

jace2004 said:
I Want To Use A 1.5 - 2x Kenko Converter
With Nikon D70s And Sigma 135 - 400 Lens.
Not Bothed If Af Does Not Work.
Does Any One Now If The Converters Will Work Ok
Yep, shouldn't be a problem. The Kenko pro300 series are the ones to go for... and personally I'd stick to the 1.4x rather than the 2x, the latter really does put the quality of lens to the test and would be better off with high quality prime lenses rather than zoom lenses. Either way, you will need some good support for your set-up.
AF will still probably work with this lens + 1.4x teleconverter, but it will be slow and pretty unreliable in all but best light... you may be best to switch off AF and just use manual focus.

cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back