• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping Supplement. (1 Viewer)

Andrew

wibble wibble
I am struggling to find the supplement that came with one of the shop stocked magazines covering Digiscoping by Andy Bright. I have a slight memory that indicates it has been lent to someone so can anyone tell me if there is a way of getting a new copy?

Andrew said:
I am struggling to find the supplement that came with one of the shop stocked magazines covering Digiscoping by Andy Bright. I have a slight memory that indicates it has been lent to someone so can anyone tell me if there is a way of getting a new copy?

Andrew

Are you thinking of the digiscoping made simple supplement that came with birdwatching mag?(piccie of a puffin on the front) If so try contacting Katie Fuller email [email protected] she compiled it for the mag so she may be able to help

There were two guides available,one from Birdwatching Magazine which is the one mentioned by Simon and one from Birdwatch Magazine.The Birdwatch one is called The essential guide to Digiscoping and the principle contributor is Andy Bright.I think this is the one you're after Andrew,if you contact the magazine you may be able to another copy.

Thanks for your responses. The problem has been solved as M N Reeder has kindly offered to post me his copy. :t:

Sorry to have missed this one. There are two booklets, the first was published by Birdwatch magazine and was basically a compilation of the 10 or so articles I had written for Birdwatch magazine.
The second was published by Birdwatching magazine last summer and consisted of a number of articles by myself but contained articles by Katie and a couple of other Birdwatch mag regulars. Both booklets sponsored by Nikon, so don't go expecting much about other cameras in them.

I have a number of the latter booklets but very few of the orginal Birdwatch booklet left.
cheers,
Andy

Both booklets were available at the Lee Valley bird fair last weekend from the Nikon stand and the Birdwatch one was also on the Birdwatch stand.

David

Andy Bright said:
Sorry to have missed this one. There are two booklets, the first was published by Birdwatch magazine and was basically a compilation of the 10 or so articles I had written for Birdwatch magazine.
The second was published by Birdwatching magazine last summer and consisted of a number of articles by myself but contained articles by Katie and a couple of other Birdwatch mag regulars. Both booklets sponsored by Nikon, so don't go expecting much about other cameras in them.

I have a number of the latter booklets but very few of the orginal Birdwatch booklet left.
cheers,
Andy

Anyone know which issues these were in?

GrahamD said:
Anyone know which issues these were in?
Not off-hand, I think the last one (Birdwatching mag) came out last summer, maybe July or August 2004 edition.
The Birdwatch booklet was ages ago, maybe early 2003 (and the content from 2002)

If you're struggling to locate a copy of the former, pm me with your address and i'll send you a copy.

cheers,
Andy

Thanks Andy.
Time for me to search through a few million bird mags I have accumulated but mostly failed to properly read because of time shortage in recent years.....hopefully I will have the relevent isssues....my suddenly renewed enthusiasm for bird watching makes that an exciting prospect as does the ability now to invest in my first ever scope, first reasonable binoculars and first (since childhood) camera ..and cant wait to read a review of the Kowa TD1 (?) as the combination of separates sounds very daunting for a novice.
But this forum is excellent for browsing on the subject and everything else birds even if the technical stuff is confusing at first.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back