• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got sketches? (1 Viewer)

Good Luck Lisa. I look forward to seeing some more pictures of Lucifer in the future, and yes, you are very lucky!
Maybe one day i'll see you all in Ash Canyon....(fingers firmly crossed;))

Sam,
Anytime you wish to come this way, I'll be more than happy to show you around!

Hi,CT i have posted a couple of comments on your gallery pics,but you really seem to capture very simplistically but with such attention to detail the true essence of a bird,Hummers are probably my fave species,and are what keep dragging me over the atlantic,keep up the excelent work.

Thanks Lisa!;)
Hi martin, thank you for the comments on my artwork i really appreciate them.
Hummingbirds are the best birds ever! (with the exception of the Swift)
I sure wish we had them in europe, i like your avatar by the way, Swordbill's are amazing! Thank you :t::t::t:

Another great piece Sam. Funny you should have a hummingbird stamp for your avatar as these designs would work brilliantly inthat context.

Excellent work here, Sam. You've caught them brilliantly. :t: :t: :t:

Hi, Sam and the others! :hi:

I had a little time free during my coffee break and said to myself: “Let's have a look what's going on in the artwork section!” ;)

Great to see here again your lovely idea of a loving Hummer pair… by the way, yours might be the only one that celebrates Saint Valentine's Day! :-O

After seeing this in the gallery, it came to my mind something I was told two years ago, while my Costa Rican holiday. In Rancho Naturalista, where the Snowcaps are the stars of the site, we saw the female feeding in the flowers of the house garden. We wondered where the males were, and we were told: “The males are forced into a forest exile, the females won't tolerate their presence in their garden except for mating in breeding season!” Poor boys, set aside like that by the heartless girls! |^|

I'd like to tell you too that I love your idea of the changing stamps as Avatar! I've been a bird stamp collector for ages, so to see these Avatars have a sort of “emotional value” for me! o:)

Hope to see more of your exceptional work soon, girl!!! :t: I'm on tenterhooks because of that announced "special Sparrow for Jack!"! :-O

Cheers!

Thank you very much Mike for those great words :t:
Marian, how nice to see you again in this thread! (it's always great to see you anywhere;)) and thanks for the info on the Snowcaps, i did not know that. I guess Female hummers can put thier tiny little foots down to!;););)
They have to keep thier men in line (just like us Humans:-O)
Im glad you like the stamps, i have loads of them all with beautiful hummer designs on from various locations of the world the one now is from the Bahama's and it's a Ruby Throat. You can purchase them on e-bay or internet sites if your interested. Yes the sparrow for Jack is going to be very special, he lives in my yard and sings on my roof and he's going to be my inspiration.
I was going to draw a Snowcap, but im running out of the special textured paper that i use for my artwork (using the last one for the sparrow) i still have the Violet Sabrewing to finish for you, but as you know, time is often against us. I'll have to get motivated to get some more paper at the weekend and finish my projects!
Thank you for dropping in and enjoy the rest of your day :t::t::t:

Sam,
Unfortunately I only get to see the Ruby-throateds when home (birthplace) in Texas. I still have hummers here, mainly female and juvenile Anna's, Black-chinned, and a very few Rufous'. I have gone from having 3 feeders up to just one. They will all be gone soon, though I am hopeful 2 years ago I had a Male Adult Black-chinned until late January. Very unusual. I had to bring the water in at night to keep it from freezing.
Can't wait to see the Sparrow.
Lisa

Thanks Nick :t::t::t:
So your a Texan girl then Lisa, i did not know that! I hope and pray your hummers do stick around for you, especialy the Black-chinned as the Males are very handsome indeed. Do you think it is perhaps the same one who stayed with you before?
I wont disapoint anyone with the Sparrow;)

Sam,
We were down to 32 degrees F. last night, so the nights are definitely colder. I've only seen two hummingbirds at the house today, both juvie or female Anna's. Hopefully my little male Black-chinned is just not visible. He could definitely be the same as I understand they come back to the same places time and again.

Is he still there Lisa?

Hi everyone, just a quick word to say my scanner has broke and i wont be able to post any new artwork for a while :storm:
Thanks for your comments and i hope to be back up and running before the year is out.
Sorry guys |8(||:(||=(|

Oh, no that is bad news Sam. :-C:-C I'm on very little right now due to heavy work load, but always try and stop in here when I see your thread updated.
I did see one female hummer on Sunday morning. Think she's a Black-chinned, but could be an Anna's. Will keep an eye out - and food.

Thanks Lisa! It's nice to know you are still being visited by our little humming friends.
Yes the scanner is out of action probably until after Christmas im afraid |8(|
Im still working on some new projects so there will be lot's to post after i get it fixed.
Thanks for dropping in and dont work to hard ;)

Oh by the way, congratulations on your new President B :) :t::t::t:

Scanners fixed, hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, happy new year for tonight aswell B :)

Attachments

• Ruby Topaz Hummingbird.jpg
    Ruby Topaz Hummingbird.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 45
  • Waxwing.jpg
    Waxwing.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 59
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back