• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product Introduction Today From Swarovski ? (1 Viewer)

After RB and the Absam ring, could the next phenomenon be Rolling Brow ?, a strange sensation felt from the forehead rest whilst stopping or starting a fast pan :eek!:

Oops ! Thanks :t:

It is indeed a H style body (SLC HD) ..... hmm, odd - I've pretty much filed it in the memory banks under 'do not like' ! :) must be memories of the brick like A-K x56's (which are a bit like a HH :-O).

The old 'Neu' (if that makes sense) in smaller sizes is more what I had in mind.

Chosun :gh:

Yep I knew you were imagining the 'neu' version.
Next came SLC HD which was green and black.
The current version is just called SLC and all green.

I believe I have figured out the main goal of the forehead rest: to achieve its maximum efficiency of some 10% (maybe a bit more for those with critical hand tremors) you have to press it hard on your forehead, which will get a red square mark (the so-called NL stamp) that will identify you as a Swaro owner long after you put the binos back in the case.

Maybe this aspect has been already discussed, but I couldn't find any post about it in this somewhat chaotic thread. So here we go: the dioptric compensation knob appears to be of the "cheap kind", anyway like the one on third tier binos----there is no locking mechanism and so only knob's stiffness can prevent inadvertently moving it to another position (such as when taking the binos out of their bag or when focusing).

Posts #213, 216, 253 mentioned the diopter.* Some 300 posts ago.

Posts #213, 216, 253 mentioned the diopter.* Some 300 posts ago.

Have you found that checking post after post (good luck with doing that when this thread will have no limits, much like the NL's image), or is there a way of using keywords to search within a thread?

Good Lord you can't make this stuff up.......this denguy with Superman's eyesight can sure provide some comedy and quick 180* turnarounds that's for sure.

Swaro dealer discounts have been 10% for as long as I know.

US NL prices:

8x42: $2969
10x42: $3029
12x42: $3099

Not in stock of course, but it explains why the EL price was dropped. That's not a huge price increase for the NL. Old price on the 8.5 SV was, if memory serves, $2649??

Just for yucks, check out Dennis' one-star review on the 8x32 SV on B&H, from March I think. Always a hoot, Dennis. Comic relief I guess. ;)

Swaro dealer discounts have been 10% for as long as I know.

US NL prices:

8x42: $2969
10x42: $3029
12x42: $3099

Not in stock of course, but it explains why the EL price was dropped. That's not a huge price increase for the NL. Old price on the 8.5 SV was, if memory serves, $2649??

Just for yucks, check out Dennis' one-star review on the 8x32 SV on B&H, from March I think. Always a hoot, Dennis. Comic relief I guess. ;)

The one and only reason why retailers/dealers give always 10% discount in The Netherlands is because the Birding Protecting Society is giving that discount to members. A one year membership costs 28,00 euro, so that's a easy math.
It's not a secret, the margin on Swarovski optics is 25% for A-dealers (the highest turnover level).

Jan

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back