• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

id by photographing birds (1 Viewer)

abp

I was wondering if anyone knew if the fuji a330 zoom digital camera is good enough to photograph garden birds, so to id the different garden birds that visit my new feeding station

Hi abp, it depends how close you can get to the birds and their size. You should be able to i.d. a bird when you view the image on your pc and zoom right in.. it won't look pretty but it should be enough in many circumstances.
regards,
Andy

Brian, I don't know whether you already have it, but I would wholeheartedly recommend you purchase a book called "Bird Guide" The Most Complete Field Guide To The Birds Of Britain And Europe, published by Collins, by Killian Mullarney, Lars Svennsson, Dan Zetterstrom and Peter Grant.

Well worth the money, and it will help you out no end.

Regards

helenol said:
Brian, I don't know whether you already have it, but I would wholeheartedly recommend you purchase a book called "Bird Guide" The Most Complete Field Guide To The Birds Of Britain And Europe, published by Collins, by Killian Mullarney, Lars Svennsson, Dan Zetterstrom and Peter Grant.

Well worth the money, and it will help you out no end.

Regards

Thanks for the advice, Helen

Kindest Regards

Brian Pemberton

I have a Fuji FinePix S5000. I can get good photos of fairly close birds. I love it, I it is really worth the money. The photos are nearly as good as those huge-camera-lenses things, but they satsify me.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back