• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spring is here!! (1 Viewer)

Little Bittern in Pembroke yesterday, Blue-headed Wagtail in Warks, Kentish Plover in Wales, Wood Sandpiper in Scotland and Wood Warbler in Dorset; Good influx of Ring Ousels plus a few Swifts around.

CB

Today - Savi's Warbler in Somerset, Red-rumped Swallow in E.Yorks, Roseate Tern on Co.Wexford, Honey Buzzard in Hampshire and Cory's Shearwater in W.Sussex.

CB

Large movement of Arctic Terns thru Midlands and NW England today also good numbers of Little Gulls and a few Black Terns. Amongst the influx - Whiskered Tern reported in Derbyshire.

CB

Large influx of Whinchats in Cheshire yesterday.

Todays highlights - Roller in Devon, Woodchat Shrike in Cornwall, Melodious Warbler in Kent, Red-necked Phalarope in Powys, Serin in Dorset and Red-backed Shrike in Co.Cork,

CB

Where are all the Sand Martins, loads of Swallows here but not a Sand Martin anywhere!
They usually appear before the Swallows.

Finally saw my first Swifts! Three flying at the top of my road as I was walking home from work. Not seen Martins or Swallows yet but not really been out much looking at the skies recently.

Short-toed Larks on Scilly and Anglesey, Temminck's Stints in Norfolk, Lincolnshire and Cheshire, Bluethroat on Fair Isle, Squacco Heron in Somerset, Red-breasted Flycatcher in Norfolk, Kentish Plover in Dorset and Purple Heron in Bedfordshire.

CB

Migration has been very slow up here in the Edinburgh area no thanks to largely northerly wind flow, forcast for temperatures dropping to -5-6 at night over the weekend! YES THATS RIGHT MINUS 5-6!!!:-C

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back