• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just some paintings/drawings (1 Viewer)

KathrinJ

Hello,

at first I have to tell you, that I admire the work shown in this forum. It's simply amazing and I'm not even finished looking at all the wonderful pieces of art. I'm constantly in a lack of english words to desribe, how breathtaking your artwork looks. :eek!: I'm looking forward to discover lots of wonderful paintings! |=)|

I dont' have much to contribute, since I always take a looooong time to finish a drawing. Not to mention the very loooooong time to start something new again.
I'll start with some feather-paintings. I discovered this kind of art somewhere on the internet and I think it's absolutely beautiful.

All the best,
Kathrin

Attachments

• Feder_Eisvogel.jpg
    Feder_Eisvogel.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Feder_Eisvogel02.jpg
    Feder_Eisvogel02.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Feder_Roter Milan02S.jpg
    Feder_Roter Milan02S.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Feder_Roter Milan02_Ausschnitt.jpg
    Feder_Roter Milan02_Ausschnitt.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 78
And my last and favourite feather-painting. Like the Red Kite it was a present for a friend of mine.

Best wishes,
Kathrin

Attachments

• Feder_Pfirsichköpfchen_S.jpg
    Feder_Pfirsichköpfchen_S.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Feder_Pfirsichköpfchen_AusschnittM.jpg
    Feder_Pfirsichköpfchen_AusschnittM.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 86
Hey Kathrin...warm welcome at the BF.

brilliant ,your paintings ..and my favourite are the lovebird ,too

friendly greetings Gaby

Hello Kathrin and a very warm welcome to the Art bit, and to BirdForum. These are very special pieces - I think the red kite works in a beautifully subtle way against the muted camouflage of the feather, but I am a fan of lovebirds (sharing a house with one) and yours is particularly nice. Hope to see more of your work.

Thank you all for your warm welcome! |=)| I'm glad you like my work so far. I really enjoyed painting these, because of the new experience with new material.

Best wishes,
Kathrin

Wow! I've never seen this done and it is so beautiful! I admire your patience too, it must be so fiddly.
I bet it'd be lovely to have smaller ones and make them into some sort of jewellery. Imagine feather-earrings with birds on!

Last edited:
welcome Kathrin...do you use acrylic on these...the last one of bright color on the dark feather is especially striking

Hi Kathrin and welcome! These are very nice - and unique in style. I have seen some other feather paintings before, and marvel at the challenges they must present. Looking forward to more of your work.

Thanks a lot for all your kind words. I really appreciate it |=)|.

@Nature__lover: That's a sweet idea with the feather-earrings. I think I saw something like that somewhere. But the kingfisher was small enough for my taste - I think I would go crazy painting still smaller |:D|.

@Colleen: Yes, that's right. I used acrylics, allthough I don't like them. They just dry too fast which might be an advantage in some points but it's difficult to permanently remake a mixed colour - it's always a little different. But maybe that's just my lack of experience with acrylics and other mixable paints |:$|.

Best wishes,
Kathrin

@Nature__lover: That's a sweet idea with the feather-earrings. I think I saw something like that somewhere. But the kingfisher was small enough for my taste - I think I would go crazy painting still smaller |:D|.
/QUOTE]

don't worry I don't expect you to paint on anything smaller, I don't know how you manage these! the details amazing on such a small scale.
looking forward to more of you artwork :)

@Clive: Thank you very much. I hope you don't look forward to more unusual work, because I've not done any yet. Lack of beautiful feathers I'd say.

@Nature_lover: Thank God |:D|. No, seriously: it's kind of tempting. I think I'll keep it in mind and who knows... ;).

Ok, here I have two drawings, I've done soooome time ago. The picture of the pheasant looks so strange, because it was rather dark, when I took the photo of it.

Best wishes,
Kathrin

Attachments

• Buteo_buteo_.jpg
    Buteo_buteo_.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Phasianus_colchicus_Zeichnung01b.jpg
    Phasianus_colchicus_Zeichnung01b.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 72
Thank you very much, John and Arthur. I'm glad, you like them|=)|.

The paper-size for the pheasant is 29,7cm x 42,0cm (about 11x16 in., if I'm correct), for the Common Buzzard it was too small for my taste: 14 cm x 21cm (5x8 in.).

Best wishes,
Kathrin

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back