• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2020 List Going? (1 Viewer)

This afternoon after a lousy day at work, when nothing seemed to go right, I stopped by a local farm pond for a little birding. My day took a dramatic turn for the better when I found an absolute mega rarity for this area.

320. Yellow-headed Blackbird

This is the first record for Preston County, and was obviously a county lifer (number 242). It was also a state lifer (number 290).

Dave

This afternoon, after a lousy day at work when nothing seemed to go right, I stopped by a local farm pond for a little birding. My day took a dramatic turn for the better when I found an absolute mega rarity for this area.

320. Yellow-headed Blackbird

This is the first record for Preston County, and was obviously a county lifer (number 242). It was also a state lifer (number 290).

Dave

Every year at about this time the nighthawks begin their migration through my area, and I make it a point to keep an eye out for them. This evening as I sat on my deck, two flew over.

321. Common Nighthawk

The average date of their arrival is August 19, so they’re just about on time.

Dave

My first birding trip out in months to Sutton Park, near Birmingham, for a rare bird locally.

99. Red-backed Shrike (Male)

228. European Roller
229. Caspian Gull
230. Eurasian Penduline Tit
231. Saker Falcon

Today at Hortobagy, including two lifers. The Roller was one of the biggest holes left on my European list

This morning I picked up an expected and on-time fall migrant.

324. Philadelphia Vireo

Although this species is possible in the spring, I’ve seen the vast majority in the fall.

Dave

One I wasn't expecting this morning whilst it walking my dog was a Great White Egret flying over me.

100. Great White Egret

This evening I chased and found a local rarity found by another birder earlier in the day.

325. Sanderling

It was a Preston County lifer (number 243), my fifth of the year.

Dave

While birding from my deck this evening, I spotted a rare but regular fall migrant. This was the first time I’ve seen this species in my yard.

326. Yellow-bellied Flycatcher

Dave

Last edited:
Yeah, that I always miss. This week some were seen.

216 Blue-headed Vireo
217. Canada Warbler
218. Northern Waterthrush
219. Black-billed Cuckoo....state lifer
220. Blackburnian Warbler...state lifer
221. Chestnut-sided Warbler

218. Sora

217. Baird's Sandpiper

216. Loggerhead Shrike

215. Black Tern

214. Sandwich Tern

213. Magnificent Frigatebird

212. Reddish Egret

211. Inca Dove

210. Black-bellied Plover

209. Gull-billed Tern

208. Mottled Duck

207. Common Gallinule

206. American Avocet

205. Snowy Plover

202. Caspian Tern

201. Royal Tern

200. Tricolored Heron

199. White Ibis

198. Roseate Spoonbill

197. Willow Flycatcher

196. Semipalmated Plover

195. Piping Plover

194. Ruddy Turnstone

193. Sanderling

192. Least Sandpiper

191. Semipalmated Sandpiper

190. Solitary Sandpiper

189. Willet

188. Laughing Gull

187. Black Skimmer

186. Brown Pelican

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back