• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from the SF Bay Area (East) (1 Viewer)

Tude

Hi there,

My name is Kali (Tude is my middle name) and I have spent the last few years trying to create a habitat for the birds in my neighborhood. We also have many hawks that live just a couple blocks away (in Wildcat Canyon) that I love to watch. Finally, our neighbor has a huge walnut tree that draws dozens and dozens of crows for the yearly feast. I just love all the birds that call this area home.

All that said, since creating my little habitat I have so many new birds visiting the backyard, I decided I need a good set of binoculars and a better knowledge of birds (and who all my new friends are). I have no idea what types of birds are visiting other than the sparrows, house finches, and crows (the rest are a mystery to me, but they are becoming more and more numerous). I also hope to learn how to take better care of them.

Thanks for all the information here, I look forward to learning from you all!

Hi Kali and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thank you!

Thank you for the quick, warm welcome!

Here are a couple pictures from the backyard. One thing I would love to know is why the hawk was dive-bombing the crows?!

Attachments

• DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 67
  • crows_hawk_08302019.jpg
    crows_hawk_08302019.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 66
Hi ya Kali and a warm welcome to you from the east coast ;)

I would imagine that the Hawk looks at the crows as competitors for his meals. Nice pics btw ;)

Welcome to Birdforum! I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits. Great photos!

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Nice photo of the hummingbird.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back