• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Field guide to Waders of Europe,Asia & N. America. (1 Viewer)

tom24

Anyone have any gen. on this new Helm guide due Nov 05? It's a paperback i.b. no. 071365290x £24.99.

I have heard its very good and worth adding to your Library if your into Shore Birds like me !! But I have heard its not due until the end of the year or even Jan 06.

I must admit I haven't heard of this book, but I wonder how it will improve on "Shorebirds" which includes all the waders of the world and was also published by Helm. My only thought is that this will be more of a field guide, but I don't see the point when Collins covers waders very well.

Darrell

It's in the new acblack catalogue,240pp,80 colour plates.Described as a quick reference,field friendly guide.I think it'll be a good purchase,pity it may be delayed as i've a b/day coming up.Then again there's c. 9 other titles i'm keen on...one being Raptors of the world..a field guide..this appears to be a concise version of the large Helm guide of 2001...320pp,118 colour plates £19.99.I resisted on the 'big' book as my 'Forsman' is good enough for our quarters,but i think at the price this new one should be a worthwhile purchase.

Thanks Tim, you're now my excuse to my better half for purchase of (oops she's seen this) the big guide....Watch out for sale of a library later...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back