• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Man denies taking rare bird eggs (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

I wonder if he is related to another Mr Pearson form the north east of England,who wrote a book (and had it published) about Osprey eyries ? The (so called author) was also/is a well known egg collector,who found his way into the courts.If found guilty,hopefully a jail sentence shall remind some of these morons,whats in store ahead of another breeding season.

I wish for the day there are no more of these types of characters around. :C

To put dead birds in his Freezer - what was behind all of that!! gros!!!:-C :-C

there was one infamous egg collector, who fell out of a tree early last year ,i dont remember his name , but i do know he wont be nesting again, god bless him...

"I'm sorry officer I thought they were chickens - honest" ;)

Not going to talk his way out of this one no matter how hard he denies the charges.

there was one infamous egg collector, who fell out of a tree early last year ,i dont remember his name , but i do know he wont be nesting again, god bless him...

Don't be so sure - not looking to defend or condone the guy in any way but eggers are addicts and as with any addict they will keep on doing it, even with the current legislation and penalties because most believe they can beat the system.

hmmm very intriguing. ive been browsing the web to find out more about these creepy eggers, and the jourdain society keeps popping up. anyone know anything more about them?
i mean honestly, the length these people go to to harass, injure, distress and ultimately kill living beings just to get at a bit of calcium.. it boggles the mind.

hmmm very intriguing. ive been browsing the web to find out more about these creepy eggers, and the jourdain society keeps popping up. anyone know anything more about them?
i mean honestly, the length these people go to to harass, injure, distress and ultimately kill living beings just to get at a bit of calcium.. it boggles the mind.

If it's just a bit of calcium, why do so many people get so worked up about egg collectors??

mamo

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back