• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (3 Viewers)

Late news yesterday 13 Shoveler, 8 Wigeon, 2 Little Grebe Ice House Pool , Little Egret flew over per Rob Preston
Good Birding YAMYAM

Just had this text of Craig
Believe both Firecrest here now. Male bird in with LTT flock while other bird still in same bush
Good Birding YAMYAM

Directions for Crest
North of Gun emplacements about 2/3rds of way down track (when walking in from emplacements) per Craig Reed
Good Birding YAMYAM

Finally caught up with the Firecrest (List Nr. 130) after 1 hour searching, thanks to Craig, definately 2 of them.
Forge Mill/RSPB:- Pintail (1 male), 3 Wigeon; Nuthatch & Willow Tit on feeders, +4 RN Parakeets. No sign of Bramblings

Richard

League Table 16/11/17
Richard Eyres adds Firecrest to his list.

1. Dave Saunders 210 Great White Egret,
2. Pete Hackett 210 Red Kite,
3. Tim Hextell 202 Red Throated Diver,
4. Matt Hadlington 194 Hawfinch,
5. Mel Jones 188 Hawfinch,
6. Pete Forbes 180 Little Egret,
7. Hughie King 178 Wood Sandpiper,
8. Simon Edwards 172 Ruff,
9. Dave Waite 172 Wood Sandpiper,
10. Terry Parker 171 Common Scoter,
11. John Clarke 168 Hawfinch,
12. Pete Carless 159 Black Redstart,
13. Tracy Saunders 156 Ring Necked Parakeet,
14. Steve Lilly 156 Red Breasted Merganser,
15. Mike Ixer 148 Firecrest,
16. Steve Roper 142 White Fronted Geese,
17. Richard Eyres 130 Firecrest,
18. Bob Slater 125 Great Northern Diver,
19. Andy Thomas 117 Wood Sandpiper,
20. Richard Davis 116 Brambling,
21. Matt Gibbs 112 Green Sandpiper,
22. Jason Davis 112 Wood Sandpiper,
23. Craig Reed 111 Firecrest,
24. Carl seebode 108 Yellow Wagtail,
25. Kev Wardlaw 94 Firecrest,

Good Birding YAMYAM

SV highlights today 10:15-4pm
Dartmouth Park-2 Shoveler, 4 Teal. Ice House pools- 18 Wigeon, 7 Shoveler, 21 Tufted. Hilltop- 2 Firecrest. RSPB/FML- Pintail (drk), 34 Gadwall, 16 Shoveler, 3 Wigeon, 6 Pochard, 5 Teal, 18 Goosander, 21 Snipe, willow tit per Craig Reed
Good Birding YAMYAM

Ok you want to drive along Forge Lane off the Newton Road, go past the entrances to Forge Mill Lake on your left past Swan pool entrance on your Right go past entrance to golf course on your left, take the next left by the Grave yard following road down hill to bottom turn left park by entrance to Alloments walk up grassy hill to gun Emplacements just past there is the Hedgerow of Holly good luck☺
Good Birding YAMYAM

Keith
To applify Daves directions "left by the graveyard" is called CAMP LANE, left turn by Bus terminal at bottom, park on/next grass verge, you will see Allotments in front of you, DONT follow obvious path (as I did!) take grass track to your RIGHT at the beginning of the track you will see a very large piece of discarded black plastic, follow this path.

Hope this helps

Richard

Keith
To applify Daves directions "left by the graveyard" is called CAMP LANE, left turn by Bus terminal at bottom, park on/next grass verge, you will see Allotments in front of you, DONT follow obvious path (as I did!) take grass track to your RIGHT at the beginning of the track you will see a very large piece of discarded black plastic, follow this path.

Hope this helps

Richard

Cheers Richard

Kieth
Heres a map for you, follow the pale green path, birds in circled area.
Now you cant go wrong!:t:

Happy hunting, Richard

Attachments

• DSCF6651.JPG
    DSCF6651.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 55
Kieth
Heres a map for you, follow the pale green path, birds in circled area.
Now you cant go wrong!:t:

Happy hunting, Richard

Cheers Richard......I wouldnt bank on it....LOL

Looking on Google Maps I can see I have been here once before years ago but would never have found my way there without the directions and Green Path....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back