• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with Photo (1 Viewer)

JD47

Hi all
Took this photo of Red necked Nightjar in Portugal earlier this month, how do you get rid of the white eye, I've only got photoshop elements editor 10,and tried following tutorials on you tube but struggling, would be glad of any help and a step by step idiots guide on how it's done. Thanks in advance
JohnD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 109
Open the image and select the Clone Stamp Tool. This is the 15th tool from the top of the palette in Elements 10.

Use the square brackets on your keyboard to increase or decrease the size of the tool's circle. You'll need quite a small circle for this particular task.

Place the circle over a dark area of the bird, for example, just to the right of the eye. Hold down the alt key (on a Mac) or the option key on a PC, and click to select that dark area.

Move the Clone Stamp Tool's circle over the bird's eye and start clicking. Each click will paint a dark area over the white of the bird's eye.

I had a quick go with your photo. I presume this is the effect you are looking for. As you will see, the same technique can be used to remove the couple of bright spots towards the left side of the photo.

Hope that helps.

Malcolm

Attachments

• nightjar.jpg
    nightjar.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 112
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back