• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Western Canada - Calgary & Vancouver 2010 (1 Viewer)

I saw the last flying Sunderland (all right it was a Sandringham passenger conversion) over Thursley Common when it was touring Southern England before going abroad to somewhere warm and wet, and that was sheer magic.

The Catalinas at Duxford are OK but you need four engines to make a REAL flying boat!

John

Hi Mark - yes it was good fun although somewhat earlier in the season than I'd have liked. Mrs C liked it too (esp. Vancouver Island) and wants to go back so perhaps I'll have a second shot at some of the things I missed. Daughter No1 is out there at the moment and thus far has tallied 6 Black Bears - sensibly she missed Sea Otter (her Mum would never have forgiven her!). Thanks again for your help,

For anyone staying at Vancouver island (who can afford it) I would highly recommend Pointnopointresort.com/

They have superb chalets overlooking the bay. We stayed at Cabin A (Glaciel loft) that had quite superb sea views. Mind you to hire it is 270 CDN dollars per night now (currently about £170 per night) tho it holds 4 people.

Was nowhere near that cost back in 1999 but I would still highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back