• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greenhouse Comma. (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Got my first butterfly this aftrernoon. I was working in the greenhouse, when from nowhere a Comma Butterfly popped up. It was in really good condition, so it must have wintered well.
This morning, I was taking compost from a bag when I scooped out a Ladybird, also in lovely condition. It had obviously hibernated in the bag, but I don't know if the Comma had come into the greenhouse today, or if it had also hibernated there. Things are beginning to move.:t:

Baz.

How lovely, Baz!:t: I did see a butterfly fly through my garden a couple of weeks ago, no ID but I would imagine a Comma, I have also seen a couple of Ladybirds and my first Bumblebee was yesterday!

I saw a pair of Brimstones in the garden last Thursday and a huge bumblebee on Friday.

I have had a couple of Brimstones in the last week and also Small Tortoiseshells, one of which flew out of the summerhouse when I opened it on Sunday! Like Baz, not sure if it has spent the winter in there or not. There are certainly plenty of nooks and crannies for it!

On March 25th I saw my first Peacock butterfly of the year (in Bucharest). On March 27th I saw two more individuals and I succeeded to take some shots with them. In the same day I also saw a moth from the species Purple-barred Yellow.

Hi Baz,

Good news indeed.

Haven't seen any Butterflies this year, Haven't seen a Ladybird for 2 years!

Plenty of assorted Bees around (and that Queen Wasp) but nothing today as the weather has deteriorated.

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back