• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coco Feeders (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Just got back from Pets At Home to get bird food and brought back a bucket of Coco Feeders which is a half of a coconut never seen it before but it says it's a hit with Blue Tits, Robins & Woodpeckers. Anyone ever used them before are they good sucess?

Assume you mean the ones filled with suet, seeds etc ?

If so then yes, especially with blue and great tits, still no woodpeckers for me tho, unfortunately :-C

The other downside for them in my garden is that the squirrels chew through the hanging string very easily, not uncommon for mine to be on the ground within a day or so 8-P

Will put some out again once autumn kicks in.

Yeah they work great but starlings can feed off them too as they did when i put mine up.You do have the added advantade of being able to refill with your own suet mixture.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back