View Single Post
Old Sunday 10th June 2018, 23:54   #828
elkcub
BF Supporter 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Heron View Post
@ Ed I don't know if you have seen Ronald Kostoff's extremely acerbic comments on the NTP study? I don' have the reference but he calls the study a huge waste of money because it focuses on 3G technology (which he likens to shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted) and not 5G technology, which is what we really want to know the effects of. I imagine he would make similar comments about the Ramazzini study, and in my opinion he is quite right.
Ah, but although we might agree with Kostoff's opinion it's likely to be for a different reason. More studies designed and analyzed along the lines of the Ramazzini report would simply confuse the public more than it is already. The way to get greater scientific insight into the matter is to come to grips with the limitations of this study and address other questions related to human/animal behavior and performance. Don't get me wrong, I love these guys after having worked with them for over 20 yrs. in NASA-Ames' Life Sciences Directorate. But, as in this case, they get the lion's share of the funding and provide very limited perspective about the bandwidth of (potential) problems.

Ed

Last edited by elkcub : Monday 11th June 2018 at 06:23.

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation