• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hotel do Ype (1 Viewer)

paul5000paul

I wonder if anyone has experience of booking this hotel in Itatiaia with credit cards on line as I am a little wary of sending my details to complete strangers on a far away continent. They do not seem to have paypal and their bank details make little sense when compared to the info required by my bank to wire the money.

Cheers,

Paul

Hotel do Ype apparently is not listed in any of the online services. I was there in October of last year, there were two of us and we just showed up and they had a chalet available. However if you happen to be there in a weekend or when a big tour group is there it might not work. My impression was that nobody at the reception office spoke English.
I have been able to wire money to a bank account in Brazil with the following information:
name on the account
bank name
bank agency number
account number
If you have established contact with the hotel via email then sending your credit card information is no more dangerous than handing your card to a waiter in a restaurant to pay your bill. Before doing any transactions inform your credit card company about the intended transaction and the estimated amount and keep track of your account to check what has been charged.
Another option is to use a travel agent that specializes in Brazil (typically they will either have an agreement with some travel agency in Brazil or somebody in their staff that speaks Portuguese). If you were in the USA I would recommend BROL.com . You would ask them to make reservations in the specific hotels that you desire, they will charge a fee on top of the required deposits.
Hope this helps.

I wonder if anyone has experience of booking this hotel in Itatiaia with credit cards on line as I am a little wary of sending my details to complete strangers on a far away continent. They do not seem to have paypal and their bank details make little sense when compared to the info required by my bank to wire the money.

Cheers,

Paul[/QU

Hi Paul

Michelle and I just turned up; I'm pretty sure there was plenty of room. Mind you, if I remember right, there were only a few of the (slightly) cheaper rooms.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back