• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What am I? (2 Viewers)

Female gadwall for first, dab chick for the second I am assuming it is the splash I am looking at? What is the thing floating - is that the bird!!!!!!

I was trying to make these more difficult and may have gone too far Julieo:D

I'll give a couple of clues:

1. Rare for South Wales. Was associating with Pochards and Tufties. May have been on this thread before but definitely a different individual :smoke:

2. My 7 year old refers to these as "up, down, funk you ups!":-O

Rich

Nope, nope and nope. Haven't seen an RCP in South Wales since there was one at Kenfig a few years back.

Rich

Well you did say it was quite rare.3:)

Getting desperate now..............
1 Female Mandarin
2 Black necked grebe (Can't think of anything small that dives and has not already been mentioned apart from dipper and that would be just silly)

You know I just re-read that clue and suddenly thought that I had actually hit the nail on the head in jest.

I presumed that it was a lake!!

Still in that vein #1 associating with ducks (and the innocent emoji when mentioning ducks) is making me think that that is a bit of a red herring.

Common Sandpiper?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back