• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bob's Art (1 Viewer)

Accipiter91

Now that we have FINALLY got high speed internet I can post some of the work out of my drawing book. I mostly try and draw birds but as you can see from the Grinch and the Incredible Hulk below I also love to draw cartoons. Below is a picture of a prothonotary warbler, downy woodpecker, the incredible hulk, and the grinch. Please leave comments good or bad! If you think you have seen better artwork from a pre-schooler say so! I always strive to make my artwork better and any advice will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• PW.JPG
    PW.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 113
  • dw.jpg
    dw.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 129
  • grinch.jpg
    grinch.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 127
  • hulk.jpg
    hulk.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 118
Hi Bob,
I can't offer much encouragement regarding the cartoons (I hate Dr Zeuss with an unbridled passion and I never liked the original illustrations anyway) but your birds are lovely. They show a lovely softness of touch and I'm certain the more you post and 'get involved' the potential shown here will develop.
Look forward to seeing more!

Hi Bob, welcome to the artists' bit. There is great potential here, and the fact that I managed to identify prothonatoatattoathonatnoothory (?) warbler and downy woodpecker without reading what you'd written is a good sign. Pay attention to scale. The woodpecker's head is a little small, I always used to go the other way and draw birds with big bloaty heads. Getting the correct scale is nothing to do with the drawing, it's all in the observation.

The grinch is spot on. The character is great. Contrary to Tim, I love Dr Zeuss. (am using the Lorax as a pedagogical tool with my adult learners at the moment, I hope they're not looking up thneeds and truffula trees in the dictionary!)

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, do you ever use colour?

Bobby, I think all those drawings are fantastic ! Keep it up dude, you have talent. PS - my favorite is the the Prothonitary, Prothanotary,Pro.....whatever Nickderry said - lol3:) --- Hey, I want to see a Great-Creasted Flycatcher next !

thanks everyone, generally I try to avoid color. However, I did do a white-eyed vireo in pastels. I just cant ever seem to get the results I want so I leave them in black and white! danehower, believe it or not I have wanted to do a GCF but just never got started! I started a yellow-billed cuckoo that I need to finish, when I do I will post pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back