View Single Post
Old Monday 27th November 2017, 01:15   #144
ceasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................. The Leupold Mojave BK3, Nikon MHG 8x42, Euro HD 8x32 and the Bushnell M 8x42 were sold and returned because although they were good for the money they didn't compare optically to my Nikon 8x30 EII. I compare everything to my Nikon 8x30 EII. .................................................. .............................................. You have to really go up the food chain in a roof to get one that compares with a porro like Nikon 8x30 EII although the better roofs start having better contrast than the EII which I really like.

I have both the Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 and the Nikon 8x30 EII and I prefer using the HG over the EII because I like the eye relief better.

I also prefer the view through the Monarch HG over the EII; perhaps because the object viewed appears larger to me in the Roof Prism. Also its contrast seems to me to be better but that may be because my EII is older.

All that said, I am still keeping my 8x30 EII.

Bob

Last edited by ceasar : Monday 27th November 2017 at 01:17.

BF Supporter 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation