• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ricoh to buy PENTAX (1 Viewer)

Sorry, only owned 3 Pentax, the 110, MZ-5n and an ME Super and always fancied an MX which was excellent.
It wasn't intended as a comment on modern Pentaxes just that as I don't own any it rules me out from commenting on them.

As a design concept the 110 and all its accesories were very interesting to use, especially the electronic flash as most contempories still used cubes, however, the best results that I obtained were at the wider end of the lenses which meant for me the Rollie A110 was of more use (same quality(both better than the 110 film they used) - faster and more compact). The MZ series filled the gap left by Olympus not producing a small useable af system slr.

I didn't like the Pentax *ist digital slrs and reverted back to Oly for digital system use and Canon for fun use.

The MZ series filled the gap left by Olympus not producing a small useable af system slr.

Funny you should mention that because thats exactly how I got into Pentax, I was looking for a system that would give me Auto Focus and Olympus wasn't offering anything at the time that I could use my Om lenses on, so I did a bit of research and discovered Pentax had retained backward compatability and bought an MZ7, though quickly discovered I couldn't live without the DoF preview so invested in a used MZ5n, I cant understand you not liking the *ist digitals though, I still have my *istD and apart from the tiny screen on the back I cant fault it, I can get decent A3 prints without problems, of course it lacks to sophisication of later models but still packs two command dials and hyper program mode.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back