• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Australia - East Gippsland (1 Viewer)

JJP

Recently I went to Australia for my second time (from the U.S.). I've birded much of Queensland, but this time I had an opportunity to bird E. Gippsland in SE Victoria (Snowy River country).

I was surprised to find almost no published information on that area. Steve Clark's birding page mostly deals with areas west of where we were.

I enjoyed the trip very much, and although the trip was not specific to birding, I got in quite a bit.

The following is trip report and my humble take on the status and distributuion in my small window of time during the fall.

http://www.nctexasbirds.com/EGippsland.htm

Seems like you had a good trip, JJP. It's an area I've not been to before (I've only been to Queensland and Sydney), so I would have had 33 lifers in that trip. I must get down there on my next visit to see Superb Lyrebird and Pilotbird especially.

E

Edward said:
Seems like you had a good trip, JJP. It's an area I've not been to before (I've only been to Queensland and Sydney), so I would have had 33 lifers in that trip. I must get down there on my next visit to see Superb Lyrebird and Pilotbird especially.

E

E.

There are lots of national parks to roam in and significantlly little information about the avifauna. It's ripe for research and study.

Errinundra National Park remains one of great national parks I''ve ever visited. It's a rainforest of truly prehistoric proportions. Gang-Gang Cockatoos, lyrepirds and pilotbirds can all be found there, and well as at least 3-4 robin species in season.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back